This article contains information may be useful when reviewing disk space usage for the school's SEQTA instance. Additional information is available in the article Storage space full warning banner (disk is becoming full).
In most cases, teacher resources attached to programmes (lessons etc.) are the greatest contributor to disk usage, see below for information on how to minimise disk space requirements and free up space.
- Setup integrations to allow teachers to manage resources in a more central location. Ref: OneDrive integration setup, Google Drive integration setup and Integrations (list of available integrations).
- Lower the maximum file size upload limit. The default is 32Mb, however, some schools may put this as high as 100Mb for staff and 50Mb for students. Ref: Changing the file size upload limit
- Encourage staff to remove resources from lessons they no longer require. Ref: Uploading, Managing and Removing Programme Resources and Managing user files
- Record media in lower quality. Many devices have the record quality set a lot higher then required for online viewing. This can greatly increase the size of the files, for example one minute in 4K (UHD) is 84Mb verses one minute in 1080p (FHD) which is 20Mb. This is of particular import for student submissions
- ZIP files before uploading if they don't need to be transcoded (which stores multiple files in different formats and requires server resources to process).