Steps for editing Attendance types and detailed information on all the Attendance type settings please refer to the article Creating and Managing Attendance Types.
Please test any changes thoroughly to ensure they fit with the school's attendance processes and contact the Service desk should assistance be required.
Creating and editing Attendance types
- Go to the Administration Workspace > Attendance Administration > Type Manager.
- To create a new Attendance Type select 'New Type' from the top of the page. Alternatively, click on the 'Edit' button to modify an existing attendance type, however note that this will modify all past instances of this type. WARNING: Some changes to Attendance Types are applied to all pre-existing attendance entries. If in doubt as to the suitability of a change, please contact the SEQTA Service Desk for assistance.
- Set up the Attendance Type as required.
- Click 'Save' to keep the changes.
AVAILABLE IN KIOSK?
Attendance type is available in SEQTA Kiosk
- 'Yes' = Attendance type available in SEQTA Kiosk iPads set to the Mode 'Campus'
- 'No' = Attendance type available in SEQTA Kiosk iPads set to the Mode 'Class'
For more detailed information on modes refer to the article Campus-wide Kiosk attendance and Class-based Kiosk attendance
If set to 'Yes' attendance applied will be treated as 'no attendance entered'.
If this setting is set to 'Yes' the change will apply retrospectively. If it's then changed back to no it will revert back to displayed attendance.
- 'Yes' = Removes attendance from the time the student tags out to the end of the day (used for Class- based tag out attendance types)
- 'No' = Does not remove attendance
TAG TYPE IN?
- 'Yes' = Attendance type available for selection when tagging in. Ensure TAG TYPE OUT is set to 'No'.
- 'No' = Attendance type not available as tag in type.
TAG TYPE OUT?
- 'Yes' = Attendance type available for selection when tagging out. Ensure TAG TYPE IN is set to 'No'.
- 'No' = Attendance type not available as tag out type.
Attendance type available for selection as a tag-in option during specified time-range.
This is often used to set a time-range during which students can sign in as Late, after which only Absent Attendance types appear.
Attendance type available for selection as a a tag out option during specified time-range.