The Welcome email includes the App download buttons and a QRCode. If the QR code does not do anything when selected, this indicates the email client (both app or webmail) is blocking it. This is a security measure put in place by the email client as is not something SEQTA is able to circumvent.
Option 1: Use the setup link on the welcome email
Click on the link ‘Set up your account now’ in the welcome email (this may differ if the school has customised the Welcome email). This will open SEQTA in the default web-browser and prompt the user to set a username and password (or just a password if they already have a username).
Option 2: Setting up the SEQTA app from a web-browser
- Open a web-browser on the device
- Log into SEQTA Learn or SEQTA Engage
- Select Settings from the left-hand menu
- Select the applicable download option (App store or Google Play).
Once the app is install click on the ‘Connect mobile app’ button on the setting page. This will open the app and log the person in. If the app is already setup for another school the user can switch between the two accounts
Option 3: Manual setup
- Install the App from the APP store or Google Play
- Open the App
- Click Next until the Manual Setup option displays.
- Enter the schools website URL: https://parent.schoolname.wa.edu.au (if you do not have the URL this can be obtained from the school or accessed through the 'Settings' page in the online version of SEQTA).
- Click Continue, enter the 'Username' and 'Password' and click Log In.