It's essential MAZE administrators do not reuse MAZE which were used by students who previously attended the school.
When a code is reused it means the new parents and student will be able to see results, attendance data and pastoral care data for another student!
Preventing codes being reused
Two options used to ensure codes are not resulted are as follows:
- Option 1: heck in the Archive table to see if the code has been used for a previous student be for assigning it to a new student. This is a manual process and may get missed.
- Option 2: *Strongly recommended* Enter the last two digits of the students expected year of graduation at the end of the student code (eg. SMITHK22)
Using three characters from the first name after the second name still posses risk - for example, consider the two students 'Kyle Smith' and 'Kylie Smith' would both end up with the code 'SMITHKYL'.
What to do if a code has been re-used
Follow the below process or contact the SEQTA Service desk as soon as possible.
Do not change student codes directly in SEQTA or in the archive table in MAZE.
- Immediately revoke access for the students account
- Go to the 'Administration Workspace' > 'User Management'.
- Select 'Active' from the drop-down.
- Find and select the Accounts.
- Select Actions > Revoke Access > OK.