Changing the 'Student Plan Types' assigned to a student plan, then saving may result in lost data (see below for details). This is due to the data being mapped to specific fields which are only available in the plan type selected when creating the plan.
Important Information Regarding Changing Plan Types
- If you change the plan type and click 'Save' then the Background data will be lost, and the Details will no longer be visible.
- Changing the Student plan type back to what it was previously will make the Details data visible again but the Background data will be gone.
- There's no permission that prevents staff from changing the plan type and clicking on Save. Rather, there needs to be great care taken not to do this.
Process for Changing Plan Type
This process requires the data to saved, then re-entered after the type has been changed. Alternately, a new plan can be created, the data entered into that, then the old one deleted.
- Select the Student plan you need to change the type for.
- Click Print. This will open the plan in a PDF file. Save the file somewhere you can find it and give it a helpful name (i.e. James Baker IEP).
- Change the Student plan type.
- Copy-and-paste the data from the PDF into the plan (don't forget to copy paste all the data into the cells in the Details tab).
- Click Save.