For the option to record to be available there are certain conditions that need to be met which are outlined below. These setting are outside of SEQTA Teach and will need to be managed by the school's IT person.
The below conditions are required to access the online voice recording:
- SEQTA Teach needs to have a valid SSL Certificate.
- The Application Setting 'Enable Media Recorder for Staff' needs to be selected.
- The browser permission to use your microphone.
- A microphone plugged into your computer for the browser to detect.
Should there be any issues with the recording process please contact the SEQTA Service Desk with as much information as possible. Some information that will be of help is as follows:
- Please provide an example (even if it doesn't seem to work anywhere).
- The class code, teacher name, assessment name or lesson number.
- Name of the Portal page.
- Details of other area you are trying to use recording from.
- Please indicate which step the process fails on. The steps can be found here. If the option to record doesn't show at all make a note.
- Test on at least two devices, in both Firefox and Chrome. Include the versions in the ticket so we may test. Note the results.
- Note the staff name and date/time of the attempt so we can check the log files.