'Report templates' are used to determine which columns are available in the reporting section of the Marks book (i.e. Affectives, Comments, Interview Required). These values are then mapped onto report using hard-coded report logic.
Before making changes to the allowed values or which columns are used, please email the SEQTA Service Desk. In most cases, if these changes are required and the Report template has been used for previous reporting periods a new Report template will need to be created and the old one set as 'hidden'.
Managing Report Templates
The steps below can be used to create new report templates, or create new report templates.
- Go to the Administration Workspace > Curriculum Setup > Report Templates
- To create a new template click on New Report template, then enter a Report template name. Alternatively, click on an existing report template to edit or delete. Note: If results have been entered using the Report template it will be locked and cannot be deleted.
- Click Save.
- Label: Name for report or department that the report template is to be used for, i.e. Interim report.
Allowed values: Values that can be entered for the affective. These appear in the drop-down list in the Marks book (i.e. C,F,S,R,NA or 1,2,3,4,5).
Explanation (optional): Used to describe the Affective i.e. 'Overall Behaviour in Class'
- Hide this Report Template: If this option is selected, the report template will not be available in the drop-down list when entering report data. This will prevent teaching staff from accidentally entering the reporting information under the incorrect report template.
- Allow Comments: Tick if comments are needing to be entered.
- Minimum Words for Comment (Optional): Can be used to enforce a minimum number of words entered for comments.
- Maximum Words for Comment (Optional): Can be used to enforce a limit to the length of comments entered. This is often a good idea if there is a possibility long comments will affect the formatting of reports.
Adding the Interview Required Field
To display a column called 'Interview Required' in the Reporting section of the Marks book enter the Text you would like display into 'Label 15' in the Report template (steps above).
If the report was not created with the Custom report editor it will initially be necessary to update the hard coded report. If this hasn't been done please email example to the Service desk (included example student, timetable period, report template, report title).