When students move from one class to another, and both those classes are sharing the same programme, the system will look at the assessment settings for the class the students were originally enrolled in. Not the class they are currently enrolled in.
This is partially to prevent the student losing access to results from the previous class, in instances where the new class has those same assessments 'hidden'. It also prevents students from seeing results from the previous class, in instances where the previous class teacher hasn't released them, and the new class teacher has.
Resolution: Configuring Assessment Settings for Another Class
If the teacher of the students previous class, is not teaching the assessments for the current class. The assessment settings for the original class can be edited to match those of the current class. This way all of the students in the current class, will be using the same assessment settings (i.e. Due Date, Marked, Visible etc.).
The steps for changing the visibility and due date for another class are as follows:
- Go to the Teaching Workspace > Timetable > My Day/My Classes/Traditional/Calendar.
- Click on the 'Load Programme' icon for the class.
- Select 'Overview of Assessments'.
- Select the assessment.
- Under 'Availability and Dates' set the slider to the original class to match that for the current class.
- Click 'Save' to keep the changes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.