This article may be of help with identifying discrepancies with export files generated from an external timetable system, and the timetable data that displays in SEQTA.
Providing the sync is enabled and correctly configured, the classes, students, and timetable in the export files, should correspond with those in SEQTA.
Examples of timetable discrepancies that may occur:
- Classes showing in SEQTA which are not in the timetable system, or vise versa
- Student enrollment changes not appearing in SEQTA
- A different teacher showing in SEQTA compared to the timetable system
In most cases, the following process will resolve timetable discrepancies:
- Export the timetable files again. Click here for steps for this process in Timetabler.
- Upload the file into Sync UI
- Run a sync on demand or wait for the overnight sync to run.
Checking export files
To check the data in the export files, open the applicable file with Notepad, then use the search to find the applicable 'class', 'student' or 'teacher' (steps below).
- Navigate to the location of the export files
- Right-click the file, then select Open with then Notepad.
- Press <Ctrl>+f to open the search box, or select 'Edit' > 'Find' from the toolbar
- Search for the applicable class, teacher, or student whose enrolments are incorrect
- If the class shows this indicate the data is still in the Timetabler system.
Ensure the sync process is enabled
Click here for steps.
Further assistance - Reporting timetabling issues
If unable to resolve the timetable discrepancy please submit a ticket to the SEQTA Service desk. To assist with the troubleshooting process and a quicker resolution please:
- attach the timetable export files
- list an example of a change that has not come through
Helpful information may include:
- Class is not showing on the timetable, or vise versa: class code, teacher code or name, date and period for one of the class instances
- Student enrolments incorrect: student code or name, class code
- Incorrect class teacher: class code, teacher code or name
- Timetable code: If there is more then one timetable, please include the timetable code