An 'Instrument' is required for each type of standardised testing data (i.e. AGAT, NAPLAN, PAT and PIPS). Each Instrument is made up of 'Items' and 'Series', which will need to be correctly configured to import the data.
One 'Item' needs to be created for each of the column headings in the spreadsheet (the items codes do not need to exactly match those in the spreadsheet).
- Item: an item corresponds with the column headings for the data in the import file. Each Item 'code' needs to be unique and should not be used in more than one Instrument (i.e. NAPLAN-GP).
- Series: a series is required for each year level and year (i.e. '2021 Year 3', '2021 Year 4'), this is to allow separate statistics for each cohort.
- Instrument Statistics: statistical data (i.e. Min, Q1, Median) required for each instrument, to display the Standardised testing data in SEQTA.
Creating and Configuring an Instrument
- Go to the Administration Workspace > Standardised Testing Management > Instrument Setup.
- Select New Instrument to add a new instrument, or select an existing instrument to edit.
- Archived in the top-right corner, then skip to step 8 below.
- Set the desired instrument Code and Name and select an Organisation.
- If required, create the instrument Items by clicking the + and entering an Item Code, Item Name and Max Score (Max score optional).
- Create a Series by clicking the + and entering a Label and Order Number.
- Enter a URL to a website that shows details of the standardised test (optional).
- Click Save.
- Continue on to the next step which is to import the data. See: Importing Standardised testing data