Rubrics are used in education as scoring guides and are used to evaluate the quality of students' assessments. Teachers can create, use, manage and re-use rubrics providing they have the required Rubric permissions.
- Go to the Teaching Workspace > Timetable > My Day/My Classes/Traditional/Calendar.
- Click on the Load Programme icon for the class.
- Select Overview of Assessments and select an assessment or create a new one.
- Under 'Assessable Criteria' > 'Rubric' click to select the No rubric button
- In the toolbar, select your Marking Mode and Layout Mode. See below section for more information.
- Click on the + Add a Rubric Line.
- Type in the Line Label.
- Click the + button to add more descriptor boxes.
- Enter your descriptions.
- Enter the marks or grades if required.
Marking Mode Setup and Rubrics
The system will automatically convert the results in the appropriate format when using Grades-based rubric in a marks-based assessment, or, a Marks-based rubric in a graded assessment. Click here for information on Rubrics Calculations.
Assessment Setup - Available Marking Mode
- Explanatory: This rubric does not automatically calculate a score
- Flexible: Each line can have as many descriptors as you like
- Fixed: Each line has the same number of descriptors