If the lesson order is out of sync with other classes in the programme, this indicates that one of the conditions below are being met.
- One of the classes has a lesson that falls on a public holiday or other non-teaching day
- One of the classes starts later in the semester than the other
- One of the classes is on a different Pathway - changes to lesson order only apply to the pathway
Regardless of the cause, issues with lesson order being out of sync can be resolved by assigning the classes to different 'Pathways'. This will allow the lesson order to be corrected for one class without affecting the others. Refer to the article Creating pathways with shared lessons for detailed steps on this process.
Setting up Pathways and changing the order of lessons on the current pathway
It's recommended the below be done with the assistance of in-house staff with advanced curriculum training or the Service desk.
If you need to insert any blank lessons or weeks they will need to be added through the PLANNER before using the below steps.
- Go to the Teaching workspace > Timetable > My Classes/Traditional/Calendar
- Click on the Load programme icon for the class
- Go to the Cover page > click Pathways
- Click the Copy pathway icon > choose use existing lessons, give the copy of the pathway a name (such as the teacher's initials or class code)
- Assign the newly created pathway to the class in the bottom section of the popup and click Save
- Go to the Lesson organiser
- Hold <CTRL> and press minus "-" to zoom out
- Shuffle the lessons around so they are in the desired order. Drag the individual lessons, or click on the title bar to drag an entire week of lessons. Should a year class started late due to a class being split into two, one option is to drag the weeks of lessons already completed under the future lessons.
- Once the lessons are in the desired order
- Click SAVE and they will all shuffle and apply the appropriate date and term/week numbers
- Hold <CTRL> and press plus "+" to zoom back in