Report types are used to categorise reporting data, allowing the data to be filtered to include only the required information when printing reports. Report types can be created through the Data Management page and are managed in-house by the school's SEQTA Administrator.
Creating and managing Report types
- Go to the Administration workspace > Data management > Report types
- Select Add record to create a new report type. Alternatively, select an existing record to open the edit window.
- Fill out the applicable fields:
- Label: the label displays in the drop-down lists in SEQTA (eg. the reporting section of the Marks book, School values and when printing reports).
- Reporting Period Name: Usually the same as the label. However if the the Label is Semester 1 (Secondary) you may want to change the Reporting Period Name to just Semester 1.
- Custom text columns: these are used by some schools depending on the school's reporting requirements. They need to be mapped to the report. Due to this, it's essential the data is in the correct fields If unsure as to the 'correct fields' please contact the SEQTA Service desk for assistance.
- Hidden: If this option is selected, the Report type will not show under any of the drop-down lists. This may be an issue if teachers would like to view the reporting data under the report type for previous timetable periods or if staff need to reprint reports using that Report type.
- Click Save
Deleting Report types
To prevent loss of data, it is not possible to delete Report types. Please contact the SEQTA Service desk for assistance should the Report type need to be deleted.
Hiding report types when not in use
School's have the option to hide report types when not in use. For example the 'Semester 1' report type can be hidden when teachers are entering the Interim 1 reporting data. This prevents staff from accidentally entering reporting data and school values under the incorrect report type.
Considerations: As hiding the Report type prevents it from showing in drop-down lists, teachers will not be able to view the reporting data under the report type for previous timetable periods (the exception is when the previous timetable period is included in the Class bridge. In addition, staff will be unable to print reports using that Report type.