Pastoral care notes are entered through the Student Information Panel Pastoral care pane. For more detailed instructions, and information regarding entering notes and pastoral care management process please refer to the Pastoral Care (Full Manual).
Pastoral care notes restricted to 'Me Only' will still be visible to staff with the Admin permission PC: ALL RES.
The steps for creating a pastoral care note are as follows:
- Select the student name in the SIP.
- Click the Enter Pastoral Care Note icon on the right-hand side.
- Select the Pastoral Care Category.
- If available (and applicable) select a Sub-Category.
- If required adjust the Date and Time.
- Enter the details of the Pastoral care note. If templates have been set up, selecting a template will pre-populate the data in the details box and if required this can be edited.
- Additional files can be attached to the note as applicable (i.e. photo of graffiti etc.) by clicking 'Add Files'.
- Select applicable options ('Follow-Up', 'Present', 'Points' etc.).
- If required, restrict the note, to do this select Restrictions > tick Restricted To > select the group to restrict the note to.
- Set the Notifications to staff, student and guardians as applicable.
- If the information is being recorded on behalf of another staff member, select 'ALIASES' and 'ON BEHALF OF', then select their name.
- Click Save. If the note applies to multiple students, these can be selected by clicking 'Save Many...' (i.e. for awarding co-curricular achievement to a class).
- Once done, click Clear on the bottom right to delete the contents of the note and reset the Pastoral care pane.