Federal STATS reporting should be attended to in advance to allow time for resolving enrolment or timetable discrepancies.
What is a School day?
Any day that a student is enrolled in a class is considered a 'School Day'.
Why is the School days in reference period is too high?
- Classes on non-teaching days. These will need to be removed to correct the issue.
Why is the School days in reference period is too low?
- Classes missing from a teaching days. These will need to be added to create the number of School days.
- Students not enrolled in classes on teaching days. Enrolments will need to be corrected to resolve this.
Managing non-teaching days
Where possible please ensure non-teaching days are entered during the initial timetable roll-out, including holidays. This prevents classes being placed on those days. The exception is when a staff member deselects the option to skip placing classes on non-teaching days when cloning calendar classes, or create classes on non-teaching days.
The following items may require assistance from the Service desk. When reporting issues include as much information as possible and an example where applicable.
- When unable to identify why the School days are incorrect on the report
When non-teaching days need to be added or removed retrospectively
When unable to identify which non-teaching days have classes on them
- When needing to change student enrolments retrospective
Removing Classes from Non-Teaching Days
- Calendar Classes can be deleted through the Teachers timetable. If there are a lot the SEQTA Service Desk can delete them en mass.
- Timetabled Classes cannot be deleted retrospectively through the interface. Rather, they need to be deleted by the SEQTA Service Desk.
Removing Attendance from Non-Teaching Days
Attendance is managed in-house by the school.
- Set any students that have left to status = 'FULL' and refresh/reload the page, as they may have attendance on non-teaching days as well.
- The 'Left Student' report in the Pastoral Care Workspace can be used to determine which students have left.
- Apply an attendance solution for the non-teaching days:
- Set at 'High (Overwrite) Priority'
- Set Attendance type 'Removes existing' for the entirety of the day 00:00 - 23:59.
- Enter for the entire school to ensure none are missed.