- Some of the student names and day names are changed on the Attendance roll page
- Message when viewing the seating planner "There are no Classes for the Specified Day"
- Can the order of Students on the Attendance Roll page be changed?
- How do I enter Attendance when the cell is greyed out and/or has a padlock icon?
- Why are there grey stripy lines on the Attendance Roll page?
- Why do some staff see locked attendance cells as being greyed out, whereas others are greyed out and have a padlock icon?
- How many weeks are shown on the Attendance Roll page?
- What triggers the Attendance icon being greyed out on the teachers timetable?
- Why does the message 'No Room Associated with this Class' display when accessing the Seating Plan?
- How is the Percentage Present % calculated?
- Why does the Student appear in the Marks Book but not on the Attendance Roll?
- If student records are managed in an External System, then it indicates it has been Archived in that System, and the Sync therefore Archives the corresponding Student's record in SEQTA.
Why have some of the student names and day names changed to odd words on the Attendance roll page?
This can occur when right-click the Attendance roll and choosing the option 'Translate to English', then the browser it translates the words on the page page. Google uses French as it's default (for example it changes 'She' into the french translation 'Elle'.
To resolve to a hard refresh <Ctrl>+F5 or close then reopen the tab with SEQTA in it. The functionally to translate web pages lays in the browser itself and SEQTA cannot override it.
This can also be cause by some addons, such as translation addons. Where this is the case refreshing the page may not fix the issue, the addon may need to be disabled or removed.
To avoid this issue access Google translate in another tab, then the words in SEQTA will not translated by Google. Ensure no translate addons are installed on the browser. Alternately, use Firefox.
Can the order of Students on the Attendance Roll page be changed?
Yes, the order of students on the Attendance Roll can be changed however this is a site-wide setting and will apply to all classes.
By default the order is ["surname","firstname","year","roll","house"]. If there are multiple classes in one period, the roll will still be grouped by class and then specified order will be set within that class.
Message when viewing the seating planner "There are no Classes for the Specified Day."
This message occurs when there are no classes on the date specified in the top right-hand corner. The students will display under the Normal attendance view regardless of the date selected. Whereas, the seating plan looks only for classes on that specific day.
How do I enter Attendance when the cell is greyed out and/or has a padlock icon?
If the cell on the Attendance roll page is greyed out and/or has a padlock icon, this indicates the Attendance is locked. Where this is the case there are two options available:
- Turn off or change the number of days set for Attendance Locking (this requires Admin permissions and will apply to all Attendance rolls)
- Enter the attendance through the SIP or the 'Attendance Management' page (Attendance Administrator Permissions required)
Why are there grey stripy lines on the Attendance Roll page?
Grey stripy lines indicate that the student was not enrolled in the class for these periods. Changes to student enrolments are managed by the school's Timetabler.
Students will remain visible in the marks book for two weeks after the date they were unenrolled.
Why do some staff see locked attendance cells as being greyed out, whereas others are greyed out and have a padlock icon?
The screens of certain devices (mostly laptops) have a higher resolution and pixel density. Usually, the padlocks are only seen with these sort of displays.
Whether or not the padlock displays is purely cosmetic and does not mean the staff member has more restrictions then those staff that do not see them.
How many weeks are shown on the Attendance Roll page?
Three weeks in total, all lessons for two weeks prior to the current date and all lessons for one week after the current date.
What triggers the Attendance icon being greyed out on the teachers timetable?
The attendance icon will grey out if any attendance for the class was marked by the assigned teacher. If the only attendance entered for the class was by another staff member, the icon will not change colour.
Why does the message 'No Room Associated with this Class' display when accessing the Seating Plan?
This indicates there is no room assigned to the class. This information is typically drawn from the School's Timetabling System, as such to correct this the Timetabler would need to fix it in that system. Then the Sync will run and it will update into SEQTA.
If the timetable is managed entirely in SEQTA, the room can be set by editing the class. Refer to the article Understanding the Class Types Available in SEQTA to access the steps for this process.
How is the Percentage Present % calculated?
The 'Percentage Present' is calculated based on the number of present attendances divided by the number of present and absent attendances for the selected class.
Why does the Percentage Present % for the class appear incorrect?
If there appears to be any discrepancy click the 'Print' button and then choose 'Attendance Table'. This will display all the students attendance for the class, not just the 3 weeks displayed on the screen when viewing the Attendance Roll page.
Why does the student appear in the Marks Book but not on the Attendance Roll?
If the Student does not show on the Attendance Roll, but does appear in the Marks Book, it indicates they have a 'Status' of 'LEFT'.
If student records are managed in an External System, then it indicates it has been Archived in that System, and the Sync therefore Archives the corresponding Student's record in SEQTA.
The student will continue to show in the 'Marks Book' until the 'Exit Date' has passed. The 'Exit Date' needs to be entered manually for students who leave during the year unless it's added to Synergetic and Synced into SEQTA, prior to the record being Archived.
To enter the 'Exit Date':
- Go to the Administration Workspace > Data Management > Student.
- Find then select the 'Student Record'.
- Enter an 'Exit Date' and click 'Save'. Don't make any other changes to the 'Student Record', as the other fields are handled by the Sync.