The Attendance page is used by teachers mark the attendance roll for their class and record traits. The attendance roll can be accessed by clicking on the "@" symbol on the class.
- Go to the Teaching Workspace > Timetable > My Classes / Traditional View / Calendar
- Click on the Attendance icon "@" on the class to open the attendance roll. If the icon does not show contact your school's Administrator to be added to the Required permission group.
- Click on the top of the column to mark the entire class as present, then make any adjustments required (see table below). Alternately, mark the student's attendance by clicking each the cell.
- Click 'Save'. The Attendance saved confirmation banner will display.
Attendance Types Available Through the Attendance Roll Page
The attendance types available on the attendance page are 'Present', 'Absent', and 'Late to Class'. It is not possible to change or add additional attendance types.
Attendance can be recorded by selecting the cell next to each students names. Or by clicking at the top of the attendance column then make any changes required.
|Laptop devices||Touch device||Option||Icon|
|1 click||One tap||Present (In class)|
|2 clicks||Two taps||Absent|
|3 clicks||Three taps||Late to class|
|4 clicks||Four taps||Learning from home|
(works only for selected student)
|Late to class|
Attendance Icon Not Appearing on a Class
The Attendance icon "@" will not show on a class in the following conditions:
- The teacher is not in a Permission Group with the permission 'ATT:EDIT' (i.e. Staff Account Setup Process has not been completed.)
- The class is a Calendar class and the 'Attendance' option is deselected. To check this, click on the 'Edit' icon on the class.
- The class is an Untimetabled Class. Untimetabled classes do not reference a time-frame, therefore cannot be used for Attendance.