This article assumes the Programme restrictions allow the teacher to enter results in the marks book and the data they entered has not saved.
What happens if there are connectivity issues while working in SEQTA?
The system will attempt to save four times. If unsuccessful the application will display an error. Should this occur, resolve the network issue, then click on the OK button (on the error message), then click Save.
If the browser window is closed or the browser is refreshed before a successful save, unsaved changes will be lost. The exception to this is when working on a page that auto-saves, such as the Planning tab.
How can I prevent issues with data loss?
- Ensure the browser is up-to-date
- Avoid using extensions and add-ons which interfere with the standard functionality of the browser
- Save work regularly - particularly prior to printing
- Ensure work is saved prior to closing out of SEQTA
Testing for successful saves
If experiencing issues, check for successful saves the next time information needs to be saved. This may also assist with identifying any errors with the system that may be causing unsuccessful saves.
- Enter results or reporting data in the Marks book
- Click Save button. The 'Marks saved' banner should appear
- If the save is successful click the Refresh/reload icon on the browser (or press F5)
- Check to see if the results are still visible.
Tips for saving results in the Marks book
The following may assist with ensuring there is minimal data loss when working in the Marks book
- Save the Marks book frequently by clicking 'Save' (or using the keyboard shortcut <Ctrl>+s). A banner should appear at the bottom left hand side of the page if the save was successful.
- If a save should fail, try again in a couple minutes and if it still doesn't work click 'To excel' to save your work to a spreadsheet.
- Entering results, comments and reporting data for a list of students (using the next arrow) will not save after each student. Rather, the Save button needs to be selected.
- Always save before printing. Printing the Marks book does not automatically save the results.
- COPY-PASTING ISSUES: Comments will not save unless it registers a key-stroke, this means when pasting data from another program/document <ctrl>+v needs to be used rather then right-clicking then selecting paste. Alternately, enter or delete a character after pasting.
Reporting issues with saving
The following information may be of assistance to the SEQTA Service desk when reporting issues:
- Teacher name
- Class code
- Details of what data is not saving (eg. reporting, assessment, comments, results).
- Example student/assessment or student/timetable period and report type
- Date/time of attempt
- Name of person trying to enter results
- Was data copy-pasted from a different programme. Note: Comments will not save unless it registers a key-stroke (ie. use <ctrl>+v to paste)