Changing the 'Marking Type' for an assessment from 'Graded' (text) to 'Scored' (numeric), or vice-versa will result in the assessment marks 'Disappearing'. They will not be deleted, and will reappear once the 'Marking Type' is changed back to what it was at the time the results were entered.
The following will change the accepted value for an assessment:
- The assessment 'Marking Type' is changed from 'Graded' to 'Scored' or vice-versa.
- The Course type in the Marks book settings is changed from a 'Grades-Based' Course type to a 'Marks-Based' Course type or vice-versa.
- The Course type is edited and changed from 'Grades-Based' Course type to a 'Marks-Based' Course type or vice-versa.
Method 1: Making changes to the 'Marking Type'
If the assessment Marking type does need to be changed use the following method:
- Save the Marks book assessment result by clicking on the 'To Excel' button while in the Marks book.
- Go to the Teaching Workspace > My Classes/Traditional.
- Click on the Load Programme icon for the class.
- Select Overview of Assessments.
- Select the Assessment.
- Change the 'Marking Type'.
- Click 'SAVE'.
- Refresh the page then check in the Marks book. The results should reappear.
Method 2: Transferring Results en mass (Using the Custom Column)
If there are a lot of results that need to be transferred the following process may save time. This is only suitable if the 'Custom Column' in the Marks book is not used for else:
- Enabling the 'Custom Column' for the assessment.
- Use the 'Copy-Paste' icons at the top of the column to transfer the results into the Custom Column. Before doing so, ensure 'All Classes' is selected at the top of the Marks book.
- Change the 'Marking type' (i.e. Course Type, Edit Assessment etc.).
- Go back into the Marks book, then transfer them into the assessment column again.
- Then disable the Custom column again.