Schools should have established processes for handling emergency evacuations. SEQTA recommends discussing your School’s Emergency Procedures with your SEQTA Client Engagement Specialist to discuss specifically how your School’s Emergency Procedures can be managed using SEQTA Teach.
The 'Emergency Report' is used as the master absence list in an emergency evacuation. This report can be customised to include grouping on request. See: Printing and Customising the Emergency Report (Master-Absence List)
Most school evacuations procedures include the following elements:
- Students are organised into predetermined groups at the evacuation point.
- Designated teachers check the attendance for these groups using the attendance list.
- The attendance lists are sent to a command post and cross-referenced by designated staff against the Emergency Report (Master Absentee Report) from the Attendance Administration page.
- A search is activated for any student who is not marked absent on the master absentee list, and is absent from their designated group.
Master Absence List (Emergency Report)
The Emergency Report (Master Absentee List) is used to cross reference with the master attendance lists to account for students who are absent. Students not marked in the master attendance list or the emergency report are unaccounted for.
- Go to the Administration Workspace > Attendance Administration
- Click the 'Emergency' button in the top-right corner.
- When the document is ready, a dialogue will appear. Select 'Click Here to Access Your Document'.
- Print the report.
Master Attendance List
The Master Attendance List should be printed in advance and kept in the Emergency Evacuation Pack. The list should be reprinted whenever changes are made. For example, if the master absentee list is by roll group, it will need to be reprinted whenever a student changes roll group or newly enrolled at the school.