The article includes information on managing SEQTA Engage accounts, links to other articles explaining how to control what is visible in SEQTA Engage and steps and support information for teachers and parents.
It's important to provide sufficient support and training to parents and staff when rolling out SEQTA Engage.
- Ensure admin staff have the steps for sending Welcome emails, Password reset emails (not applicable to schools using Active Directory authentication for SEQTA Engage)
- Ensure staff know how and when to revoke access to accounts. This is particularly important for avoiding and resolving login issues. See Revoking Access to Parent Accounts for information and steps.
- Review the SEQTA Engage Application settings and Dashboard Management page to set what information you would like to be visible to parents
- Important information and step-by-step guides for teachers are available. The article Programme Visibility in SEQTA Learn and SEQTA Engage and Creating and Managing Assessments may be of help when starting out.
- Configure the Unread notification emails in application settings. These are automatically generated by SEQTA. If not planning on provision accounts strait away this can be disabled to prevent parents receiving emails asking them to log in prior to them receiving a welcome email.
- If suitable provide parents with a formal introductory session to introduce them to SEQTA Engage. A downloadable PDF is available in the article SEQTA Engage manual (for guardians)
- Ensure parents are aware to contact the school and not the SEQTA Service desk for assistance.
Parent support and the SEQTA Service desk
If unable to resolve any SEQTA Engage issues on behalf of a parent, please contact the SEQTA Service desk with as much information as possible. The SEQTA Service desk is unable to provide support direct to parents.
Before reporting issues
- Ensure there are no parent accounts under 'Ready to revoke access'
- Check the parent email address and Engage flag show in the SIP
- Send a Welcome email to their account (this should always show under 'Active' or 'Ready to provisions)
Including helpful information when reporting issues
- Details of any errors and the process they are using to access SEQTA Engage
- The parent name and the name of one of their children that attend the school
- Whether the issue affects the SEQTA Engage app, SEQTA Engage webpage or both
- If using the SEQTA Engage app, what are the details of the device (eg. iPhone or Android, version of OS installed on the phone).
- Whether or not it worked previously
- >User management > Ready to revoke access and revoked access to any old accounts?