Mobile Apps, both Android and Apple, have limitations that affect the upload mechanisms which rely on being able to open a popup window to ask for credentials and then pass the result back to SEQTA. In the case of apps such as OneDrive, Google drive, and Dropbox that do not support popups/tabs, the mechanism will fail.
Uploading Files Using Google Drive, OneDrive and Dropbox Using the Apps
To upload files using one of the above providers we recommend the following, native workaround:
- Install the OneNote / Google Drive / Dropbox App from the App stores.
- Sign in to the apps.
- When uploading a file into SEQTA, select "My device". On iOS, select "Browse...", then "Locations".
- Make sure to enable the above provider to appear in the list.
- Browse into OneDrive and select the document to upload.
If the above process does not provide a resolution, please contact the SEQTA Service Desk and provide details of where the process breaks down (i.e. a blank page displays after selecting 'Google drive'), and please include the following information as well:
- Did this work previously?
- How is the app being accessed i.e. tapping 'Add files' > tapping the Google drive icon
- Does it work for some students and not others? If so, please provide an example of each.
- An example student, indicating where the student is attempting to add the file.