A question mark will display if the school year record in SEQTA is not assigned to a sub-school, or information is missing from the student record (eg. no year level assigned).
The table below indicates the required information based on which component the "?" shows under in the Add students popup.
|Component||Cause||Can data be synced?|
|SUB-SCHOOL||One or more 'Year' records (eg. Y04, Y05) are not assigned to a 'Sub-school' (eg. primary, secondary)||Managed directly in SEQTA through the Administration workspace > Data management > Years
|YEAR||One or more 'Student' records are not assigned to a 'Year'||Yes|
|ROLL GROUP||One or more 'Student' records are not assigned to a 'Roll'||Yes|
|HOUSE||One or more 'Student' records are not assigned to a 'House'||Yes|
To resolve this issue, the required information will need to be added. The year, roll and house for the student records are typically synced from the school's administration system. This will then sync into SEQTA Overnight.
Schools that do not sync the data from an external system will need to make the changes directly in SEQTA by editing the student record through the Administration workspace > Data management > Students.
If the years are not assigned to a sub-school they will need to be added directly in SEQTA through the Administration workspace > Data management > Years.
Year records not assigned to Sub-schools
It is not possible to sync the 'Sub-school' into the 'Year' records. Rather, this will need to be done directly in SEQTA when the following occur:
- A new 'Year' record is created, for example after a year 'code' has changed in the school's Admin system
- The 'Sub-school' linked to the student record has been deleted.
The steps for assigning a year record to a sub-school are as follows:
- Go to the Administration workspace > Data management
- Select Years from the list on the left-hand side
- Use the search to find the year record and click to open the edit pane
- In the field 'Sub-school' select the applicable Sub-school
- Click Save