The student roll group can be seen when students access the participant list in Direqt messaging. This may be an issue at the start of the year prior to commencement of classes (eg. when roll groups have not been finalised).
The following options are available to prevent students from seeing their roll groups until they are ready to be released:
- Option 1: Disable the 'Student rollgroup' item in the Sync (recommended)
- Option 2: Disable Direqt messaging for students
Hiding roll group from students
Option 1: Disable the 'Student rollgroup' item in the Sync (recommended)
The easiest way to achieve this is to disable the item 'Include rollgroups' in the sync profile prior to running a sync. When using this method students will continue to see the previous year's roll group. New students will have no roll group assigned.
The SEQTA Service desk can unassign all students from roll groups on request by the School Education Contact.
How to disable the 'student rollgroup' component in the sync (the admin permission 'SYNC: MANAGE' required) to access the Manage sync page:
- Click on Administration workspace > Timetable management > Manage sync
- Select the Sync profile
- Under the item 'Synchronise student data' deselect Include rollgroups
- Click Save
- Check the other active sync profiles to ensure this option is not selected
Option 2: Disable Direqt messaging for students
Disable Direqt messaging for SEQTA Learn and SEQTA Engage through the 'Application settings' page. Refer to the article Disable Direqt messaging for students for steps.