Selecting the option to notify a 'student's coordinators' will send the notification to all of the selected student's coordinators as set under Campus, Year, House, Roll and Sub-school.
Coordinators can be viewed and set directly in SEQTA through the Data management page. The exception is 'Roll' coordinator which can be setup to sync from the school's admin system into SEQTA. Where this is the case, any changes made through the Data management page in SEQTA will be overwritten.
It is not possible to exclude specific coordinators or create custom coordinator groups. Where this is required, static groups such as 'Departments' or 'Permission groups' can be used.
The option to send a notification to coordinators can be selected by default by enabling the option (default selection) under the setting 'Pastoral alerts' found on the Application settings page.
Viewing and editing coordinators
- Click on Administration workspace > Data management
- Select the relevant 'Component' from the menu (ie. Campus, Year, House, Roll and Sub-school) to view the list of values.
- Click on an item in the list to view the values within the 'Edit window'
- The Coordinator field may then be edited if necessary
- Save and refresh/reload the page for the changes to show in other areas in SEQTA.
Using Departments to manage coordinator alerts
Rather then using the 'Student coordinators' option, some school's use 'Departments' to manage coordinator alerts. This is done by creating a department for each coordinator or group of coordinators.
Once set up, the correct coordinator department would need to be selected at the time the Pastoral care note is entered - this is due to there being a link between the student record and department.
Selecting a department when creating a Pastoral care note
- Select Email individuals (or Direct message individuals)
- Click the ellipsis icon "..."
- Select the Department tab
- Select the coordinator group
- Click Ok
Additional information on coordinators
- By default, the system will email the students year level coordinator for that specific campus.
- The system knows which campus and year coordinator each student has by looking at that student's record.
- Each student can only be assigned one year level coordinator. However, they can be assigned to multiple campuses.
- Each year level and campus can only have one coordinator assigned.
- When the 'Email student's coordinators' option is used, it will email the coordinators for Campus, Year, House, Roll and Sub-school.