This article gives a basic overview on how to set up and use SEQTA to record and report on Awards (Merits). Additionally, there is information on how to display Awards in SEQTA Engage and SEQTA Learn.
This article includes the following sections:
- Managing awards in SEQTA
- Configuring or creating a Pastoral care type for use with Awards
- Entering and managing awards
- Importing awards from an external system
- Proofing awards data
- Sharing awards information with staff, students and or parents
- Printing awards certificates
Managing awards in SEQTA
It is possible to record Awards (or Merits) granted to students using SEQTA's Pastoral Care system. This information can then be merged into correspondence, or a report can be customised to print an Award or Certificate that meets the school's requirements.
Configuring or creating a Pastoral Care type for use with Awards
Each school will initially have a Pastoral Care type for 'awards' and 'merits'. Schools may choose to configure these to use for awards, or create additional types.
Templates or sub-headings can be used to ensure the data is entered in a uniform format.
Entering and managing awards
Awards and merits can be entered through the Pastoral Care pane of the SIP by creating a Pastoral care note. They can be created for individual students (by selecting 'Save'), or for multiple students (by selecting the 'Save many' option).
Importing awards from an external system
Awards can be imported into SEQTA from an external system by way of a spreadsheet. Awards are considered pastoral care data to the system. As such, the requirements for the import spreadsheet are the same. Please refer to the following article for steps on how to set up the spreadsheet:
Proofing awards data
Once Awards are in the system, they can be proofed through the Pastoral care workspace > Student summary > In detail (single student) or Qualitative (multiple students). To delete or edit a pastoral care note, on the screen select the Configure fields button in the bottom right hand corner and select 'delete' and 'edit'. The delete and edit icons will then be available next to the pastoral care note.
Sharing awards information with staff, students and or parents
- Pastoral care notes for awards can be shared with staff and guardians/parents by selecting the option to notify when creating the Pastoral care note.
- Awards information can be merged into correspondence through the Correspondence page by using the mode Pastoral care data and creating a Preset to use.
- Awards information can be included on Academic reports or printed onto Awards Certificates (providing they have been customised)
- Awards information can be viewed by parents and students via the Pastoral care dashlets.
Printing awards certificates
There is no standard Award Certificate printout available. Rather, this is a report that is customised on request and based on the requirements provided by the school.
Once the Award certificate report has been customised, it can be printed through the Pastoral care workspace> Student summary > Reporting