Values templates determine the available options for entering student values via the School values dialogue box. This data can then be pulled into academic reports.
When creating and managing Values templates, please keep in mind the impact on existing data. It is recommended, that any changes to a Values template be reported to the SEQTA Help Desk so the change can be compared with the report logic to ensure the values are mapped correctly. Please include the Template Name when contacting the Help Desk.
Creating, editing and deleting Values templates
- Select the Administration workspace > Curriculum setup > Value templates
- Select New value template from the left hand side. Alternately, click on and existing Values template to edit it.
- Set the fields as required. Field definitions are as follows:
- Name: The name of the Values Template (e.g. Homeroom, PCG, Head of School Comment, Principal's Comment).
- Label: The name of the Affective
- Explanation: This appears below the value to assist staff with the format of data that needs to be entered. Example explanations:
E: Excellent | G: Good | S: Satisfactory | U: Unsatisfactory | N:Senior School - Not assessed, Junior School - Not required | A: Absent
1: Consistently | 2: Usually | 3: Sometimes | 4: Seldom
- Click Save
Creating new values templates
When creating new Values templates, please enter some test data afterward, then print a report to ensure the required values are supported and mapped correctly in the report code itself.
If there are any issues, please contact the SEQTA Help Desk, prior to staff entering School Values for reporting, to review the report code. Please be sure to include the name of a student with some data in the values as this may be of assistance when testing.
Editing values templates
Changes to Values templates that have been used for previous reporting periods should be made with great care. If a Values template does not have a Bin icon next to it, this means the template has been used and has existing data.
Changes to labels should be done in conjunction with the SEQTA Service desk, to ensure the existing data remains correctly labeled. In some cases, a new values template will need to be made.
- Removed labels will results in data from that field no longer being visible in the marks book and may be omitted from any reprints of reports. Adding the removed labels back in will resolve the issue.
- Changes to labels will apply to all data entered against that label.
Deleting values templates
A Bin Icon will appear next to the name of a Values Template that has not been used. It is not possible to delete a Values Template that has been used and has existing data.
Interview Required Field
To display a column called Interview Required in the School Values, enter the text you would like display into Label 15 in the Values Template.