The 'Remove existing attendance' option is used to remove attendance entered for the specified date/time for the selected students.
This method is typically used when it's not practical to use the Attendance Undo solutions page to remove the attendance, or when the attendance has been marked by the class teacher via the attendance roll page (ie. 'In class', 'Absent', 'Late to class').
The steps for removing existing attendance is as follows:
- Go to the Administration workspace > Attendance Administration > Attendance Manager
- Select the students and choose the applicable 'time' and 'date range'
- Select the attendance type called Remove existing attendance
- Set the attendance priority to High (overwrite) priority. Alternatively, if not wanting to overwrite attendance solutions (Medical etc.) then set at a Normal priority.
- Click Save
- If a pop-up appears, confirm the details are correct, and (if required) then type the number(s) displayed. Click Save, the 'Attendance saved' confirmation box should appear.
Check to ensure the attendance has been removed. To do this click 'refresh/reload', select the student name in the SIP, next select the View attendance icon "@" on the right-hand side.