This process is required for schools that use 'Term Aliases' to tell the sync which classes are synced into SEQTA. School's that do not use Term aliases, will not have the 'Manage Term Alias' tab available in the Timetable management page.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Any classes saved against a Term Alias in the School's Timetabling System will be Synced into the selected Timetable Period, that is from "now"
<today> until "then"
<end of current TT Period(s)>. Due to this the Term Alias should only be added when ready for the changeover to happen.
The steps for adding the Term Alias are as follows:
- Go to the Administration Workspace > Timetable Management
- At the top of the window, select the new Manage Term Alias tab. This tab is only available to schools that use Term aliases.
- On the left side, select the timetable, i.e. 2021S1.
- Select the Add button.
- On the right hand side, select the Edit button.
- Add the Term Alias. This will typically be in the same format as those used for previous reporting periods.
- Select Save.
- Continue to the next step in the timetable setup process.
- If using Sync UI see: Cloning a Sync UI Input for a New Timetable Period (if this has not already been done).
- Else: Enabling the Sync for a New Timetable Period