Copy/Paste of images and objects into text fields
Some areas of SEQTA, such as Notices, Lesson Outlines, Direct messages and emails use a basic editor which does not have full support for images and some resources (hence they do not show as available options under the 'Insert' drop down). While in most cases, pasting images etc. directly into the editor will work, they may also result in slowness, loading or display issues as they aren't fully supported.
Always use the INSERT dropdown on the menu to insert images into the editor. If the menu does not have support to allow the pasting of images this indicates the field does not have the required support. However, there may be other options available such as for Lesson Outline which has a 'Add resource' button and Direct messages (excluding Correspondence) has an 'Add file button'.
How to copy an online lesson without losing formatting
Option 1: Clone the lesson
- Click the 'Clone' button on the lesson topic bar. This will make a copy of the lesson and put the original in Unused lessons
- Go to Organise lessons and open the Unused lesson browser
- Drag the original lesson onto the required week
- Click Save
Option 2: Copy-pasting the Lesson Overview through the Planner
- Go to the Teaching workspace > Timetable > My classes/Traditional/Calendar
- Click on the Load programme icon or click on the class with the lesson you want to copy
- Select Planner and find the lesson
- Click on the Pencil icon to open the lesson you want to copy. If needed click the expand arrow for the icon to show.
- Click the HTML editor button at the bottom-right of the lesson
- Highlight and copy all the text (html code) and click Cancel
- Find the lesson you want to paste the data into. If it's in another programme go into that programme's planner (steps 1 to 3 above)
- If required click the expand arrow then click Pencil icon.
- Click HTML Editor button
- Paste the text
- Click Save