This article outlines the process for enrolling and unenrolling students from internally managed classes (classes managed directly in SEQTA).
It is not possible to view which students are enrolled in a class through the Timetable management page. Go to the 'Teaching Workspace' on the 'Timetable' sub page and click on the "@" symbol on the class to check enrolments instead.
- Go to Administration Workspace > Timetable Management > Manage Student's Classes.
- Select applicable Timetable Period from the drop-down list.
- Select the Class or Classes you wish to enrol the student (or students).
- Select the student or students that need to be enrolled.
- Set the Effective Date. When enrolling this will be the first day the student will be attending classes. If unenrolling this will be the first instance of the class the student does not attend.
- Select Enrol > OK to enrol the student into the selected classes. Alternately, select Un-enrol > OK to remove a student from the selected classes.
- If additional enrolment changes are required select Clear to remove the students from the list. Deselect any selected classes, then continue with steps 3-7 till all the enrolment changes have been completed.
Checking Student Enrolments are Correct
Student enrolments cannot be viewed through the Timetable management page. Rather, they show only on the teacher's and student's timetables.
- If you have only just enrolled (or un-enrolled) a student from a class refresh/reload the page then continue on to step 2 below.
- Go to the Teaching Workspace > Timetable > Traditional/Calendar/My Classes.
- If working on behalf of another teacher select their name in the top-right corner.
- If required change the date so the class shows on the timetable.
- Click on the Attendance icon for the class.
- The student should appear on the Attendance roll. Grey stripy lines display to indicate the student was not enrolled in the class for those dates.
Roll Classes and Roll Group
Assigning a student record to a Roll group will not enrol or un-enrol the student from internally managed Roll classes. As they are separate from and work independent to each other.
Backdating Student Enrolments using the 'Effective Date'
The 'Effective Date' can only be used to backdate changes when the student is initially enrolled or unenrolled from the class.