This article steps through the process for installing and configuring SEQTA Kiosk. This article assumes that SEQTA Kiosk has been implemented at the school and the attendance types have been configured.
SEQTA Kiosk Version Support for iOS10 and Below
SEQTA Kiosk version 6 and higher is not supported on iPads with iOS10 or below. Rather, older iPads need to download and install version 5. Contact the SEQTA Service Desk for the download URL. Refer to the end of this article for steps on installing the old version.
PIN Number for Locking SEQTA Kiosk
When SEQTA Kiosk version 6 or above is installed, a PIN will need to be entered. Make note of the PIN. If the PIN is forgotten it cannot be retrieved and the app will need to be reinstalled and a new PIN set.
Installing the Latest Version of SEQTA Kiosk (iPads with iOS11 or Higher)
- Download and install SEQTA Kiosk from the app store on the iPad.
- If the Kiosk settings page does not display, open SEQTA Kiosk and click the Cog icon in the top-right corner.
- Under the heading 'Kiosk settings', enter an Admin PIN. This may be any number, however, schools may want to set up all the iPads with the same PIN.
- Enter a Name for the Kiosk (i.e. 'school name', 'library', 'campus name').
- Set the Mode. This will determine how SEQTA Kiosk handles attendance and which attendance types are available.
- Enter a Standby URL (web address) to display when the iPad is in standby mode. Ensure the address is delivered over a secure connection (i.e. https).
- Set the Camera to 'Front',' Rear' or 'Off'.
- Set the AutoTag option to ON or OFF. If enabled, the attendance type will be selected automatically in instances where there is only one attendance type available for the student to select.
- Under the heading SEQTA SERVER, enter the school's SEQTA Teach URL(address). This will be in the format https://schoolsseqtaurl
- Enter the Kiosk Password - this can be found in SEQTA Teach through the Administration Workspace > Application Settings > Search for the word Kiosk. The password should display. If there isn't a password, then enter one and click 'Save'.
- (Optional) Under DOCKET PRINTER enter the docket printer's Address and enable it.
- Select Fetch Attendance Types, enable the required types and click Done. If the required Attendance types do not display, check to ensure the 'Mode' is set correctly as only the types of the selected mode will display in the list.
Uninstalling and Reinstalling SEQTA Kiosk v5 (iPads iOS 10 or Lower)
The old version of SEQTA Kiosk is still available for use with older iPads. However, it does not include the new features SEQTA Kiosk has to offer (for example the option to lock the settings with an admin pin).
- Assess the iPad.
- Uninstall SEQTA Kiosk from the iPad. To do this, tap-hold the SEQTA Kiosk icon until it 'jiggles' and then click on the cross on the top-right of the icon to remove it.
- Open Safari and enter in the following URL: app.seqta.com.au/get/
- Tap where it says Download the iPad App and select Install. You may note that nothing appears to happen, tap the home button and an icon for SEQTA Kiosk should appear showing the installation progress.
- Go into the iPad Settings and select SEQTA Kiosk from the left-hand menu.
- Enable the Camera (Optional).
- Setup the Docket Printer (Optional).
- Enter an Address (Optional) - The address may be the address for a site or an image, which will embed in the site (or image) on the iPad. It must be accessible over a secure connection (HTTPS). If left blank, the SEQTA Logo will display.
- Enter the Kiosk Password - this can be found in SEQTA Teach through the Administration Workspace > Application Settings > search for the word Kiosk. The password should display. If there isn't a password, then enter one and click 'Save'.
- Select the mode to either Class-based or Campus-wide. Note: If the slider is to the left (not green) then the iPad will use 'Campus-wide'. Changes will save automatically.