Administrators can create Student plan types that work as a template for the creation of student plans.
- Go to the Pastoral care workspace > Student plans
- Select Manage types from the top of the page (requires permission 'ST PLANS: MANAGE')
- To create a plan new type, select New plan type. Alternatively, click on an existing plan type to edit.
- Under 'General' enter data into the main work area, this will ore-populate the information under the 'Background' tab when creating new plans (optional)
- Select 'Manage' the field (column) names under the Details tab then set the fields as required
- Click Save
Preventing data loss when editing or deleting plan types
Editing or deleting Student plan types, which have already been used to create Student plans may result in the loss of information in under the 'Details' tab. To check for existing plans prior to making any changes print the List of all student plans report.
WARNING: Changes made under the 'Fields' tab in the Student plan type may result in loss of data stored in those fields. To recover the data a backup restore is required which will incur a fee.
Table below: the effect of changing various components of student plans
|Student plan type||It is quite safe to make changes to the "label" and information under the "general" tab. Where as, changes made under the "field" tab should only be made to newly created 'student plan types' that have no associated student plans.||If a unit plan type is deleted, student plans using that type will not be affected. However, there will no longer be a link between the student plan type.|
|Label (student plan type name)||Any changes to a student plan "label" (eg. Medical plan), will update onto all existing plans using that "label".||No changes to student plan data|
|General tab||Changes made to the information in "general" will not update onto existing student plans using that type.||Deleting information from the general tab will not affect existing plans.|
|Field tab||Changes to fields for student plan types that have associated student plans will result in loss of data stored in those fields!!||Deleting the fields from student plan types that have associated student plans using that type will lead to lost information in that field.|