The 'Built-In' Media integration option is useful for schools with slow internet speeds as unlike YouTube it does not have to be uploaded to an external site. Additionally, in Built-in Media integration does not have 'Suggestions' at the end of the YouTube videos
Media Processing (Transcoding Files)
Built-in mode stores the files on the SEQTA server in two different formats to ensure the media is compatible with all browsers and operating systems.
Only two media processes (jobs) can run at a time on the SEQTA server at a time. Due to this there may be delays if there are a lot jobs in the queue - these will include all uploads from staff to the various places in SEQTA they are supported.
The transcoding process generates the following file formats:
- Video: Original file is stored as it is and 2 converted files are created -- mp4 and webm.
- Audio: Original file is stored as it is and 2 converted files are created -- opus and mp3.
Media Integration, Video Uploads and YouTube
If there are issues uploading videos in general, check the 'Media integration' settings to see if YouTube is being used. To do this go to the Administration Workspace > Application Settings > Media Integration.
If YouTube is being used, ensure it is configured. If so, try generating a new token by clicking the 'Configured' button and completing the setup process again by following the setup in this article.
Where in SEQTA can Media Files Uploads be Uploaded?
- The Feedback section in the Marks book
- The SEQTA Creator 'Resources' module
- Portal pages
- Pastoral care pane in the SIP
- Forums and Folios
- SEQTA Learn - Assessments
- Direqt Messaging
Troubleshooting Media Upload Issues (i.e. Media Processing Message)
The following information may be of assistance when troubleshooting issues with uploading files into SEQTA.
- Does the file exceed the file size limit which is set in Application settings? If this is the case a message will display when trying to upload the file saying 'file size exceeded limit'.
- Is Media Integration set to use YouTube or SEQTA's built-in functionality?
- Does the issue occur when uploading other file types? If not, what file type is the resource with the issue?
- Where is the file being added (i.e. Online lesson, Marks book)?
- If using SEQTA Creator, is the file being add into 'Resources' module, or, the 'Legacy module'?
- Which device is being used (i.e. PC, Mac, iPad)?
- Have you successfully been able to upload videos in SEQTA previously?
- What occurs when you try to upload the file (i.e. it displays 'Media Processing' after selecting the file, or the 'working' indicator displays)?
- Does it give a time out error or any other messages? If so please send through a screenshot. (Please attach a Full Screen Screenshot).
- How long did you wait before cancelling the upload (i.e. refreshing the page or closing out of SEQTA)?