Letter templates can save time when sending the same correspondence on a regular basis through the Correspondence page. Letter templates can use Merge fields to draw student, guardian, attendance and pastoral care data into correspondence.
Some correspondence templates may no longer be required or other ‘one off correspondence’ tasks may have been accidentally saved and need to be removed from the template list. If the template name is a day and date, then it is most likely an accidental save.
Creating and managing templates through the Correspondence page
- Click on Administration workspace > Correspondence
- Select the correspondence type, Send SMSes, Send Letters, Send Emails or Send Direqt message
- To create a new template, ensure 'New template' is selected and enter a name for the Template. Alternatively, to edit a template, select the template name from the drop-down list.
- Type the body of the letter in the main work area or make any edits required. To add a merge field click on the Insert field button. Different merge fields are available depending on the 'Mode' selected.
- Click Save to keep changes
Templates no longer required or 'once off correspondence’
Some correspondence templates may no longer be required or other ‘once off correspondence’ tasks may have been accidentally saved and need to be removed from the template list at the start of the year. (If the template name is a day and date, then it is most likely an accidental save)
- Navigate to the Administration workspace
- Go to the Correspondence page and select the relevant correspondence type (i.e Send SMSes, Send Letters, Send Emails, Send Direqt Messages)
- Click in the New template area to reveal all current templates
- From the list, select the unwanted template and click on Delete
The Delete template? dialogue will appear. Click on Delete to remove it from the list
Can the same template be used for the different correspondence types?
Yes, templates are interchangeable between the correspondence types 'Letter', 'Email', and 'Direqt messages'. The exception is templates created through the 'Send SMS' page which can only be created and accessed through the SMS tab.