Once SEQTA Tutor has been set up, students can be allocated to tutorials at the appropriate times. These will then show as upcoming tutorials on both the teachers Attendance page and, the student's timetable in SEQTA Learn.
Attendance administrators can process attendance for the students each morning en masse. The tutorial will then display the student as being in a tutorial through the Attendance roll page.
Any changes to attendance after the tutorial queue has been processed can be made through the Attendance administration page or the SIP
Creating a tutor administrator account
Tutor administration accounts can create and manage all tutorials. The steps for setting up an admin account are as follows:
- Go to the Administration workspace > Manage data > Tutor schedule tutor
- Click Add a new record or select and existing record
- Select the Administrator option and then click Save
Tutorial management options
There are several options for handling the management of tutorials these can be changed to suit the Schools process and policy requirements.
- Option 1: Have the Tutor manage everything themselves (except processing the attendance which needs to be done by the Attendance Officer).
- Option 2: Administrators may want to set up the student list for the Tutor, then have the Tutor place the lessons and assign students.
- Option 3: Have the Administration staff handle everything (ie: add the students, create the tutorials on the timetable then, assign the students to the tutorials). This is suited for Tutors that do not have access to SEQTA Tutor as they can then be given a printed copy of their timetable. It is also suitable for Schools who have an Administrator wants to set up the tutorials themselves.