Attendance for tutorials is typically processed first thing each morning. This will generate a notification to the student, parent, tutor and teacher notifying them of any tutorials that day. Note that once attendance is processed, tutorials cannot be rescheduled.
If a student is absent from a tutorial the Tutor should report the absence to the Attendance officer for follow-up.
The use of SEQTA Tutor and processes surrounding it, may differ depending on the schools requirements and policies. Should assistance be required please contact the CES (Client Engagement Specialist) through the SEQTA Service Desk who can assist in working through any queries relating to policies.
Steps for processing attendance are as follows:
- Go to the the Administration Workspace > Attendance Administration > Tutorial Queue.
- Change the date if not processing attendance for the current day.
- Click the White Arrow in Blue Box icon - This will bring up tutorials.
- Click in the box to the left of the column header 'student' to select all tutorials.
- Or if the tutorial is not to be resolved, click on the Reject this Tutorial button.
- Click Save.
- If prompted, type the number listed in the prompt, this is a double-check mechanism
Managing Attendance for Students who have Not Attended a Tutorial
If the student is in class when their tutorial starts, the Teacher should ensure the student goes to their tutorial. Should the student not attend a tutorial, the classroom Teacher should notify the Attendance officer that the student has refused to go to the tutorial.
What do I do if a Student does not show up for a tutorial?
If the student does not show up for the tutorial, the tutor should notify the Attendance Officer. The Attendance Officer can then put in an Attendance solution for the period to indicate that the student was absent from that tutorial.