The below process can be used for correcting attendance in cases where the roll was only marked for a fraction of the time it should have been. This is generally only required, when a period is not set to the full duration (by error) and is then extended (corrected). For example, if the AM roll class is only set for 8:50 - 9:05 instead of 8:50 - 12:00.
This process is suitable in most situations. However, if in doubt please check with the School's SEQTA Client Engagement Specialist.
- Print the attendance reports 'Attendance Details' report and the 'Absences' report for the affected students and day (or date-range).
- The 'Attendance Details' report can be used to to cross reference and check a couple of examples once the steps below have been completed.
- The 'Absences' report will be used as a reference, as all the absences marked using the roll will need to be re-entered. The other attendance solutions should remain unaffected.
- Create an Attendance solution for all affected student with gaps in attendance (eg. the entire school), using 'Repeat Multi-Day', with a 'Normal Priority', with the applicable Attendance type (i.e. 'In-Class'), for the date-range affected.
- Using the Attendance details report from step 1, enter the attendance through the Attendance management page. If there are multiple student absences, for the same day or date-range, and the same times, these can be done using the one attendance solution.