The following checks will typically allow you to identify and/or resolve issues with the Absentee SMS list:
- Refresh/reload the Absentee SMS page to ensure the list is up-to-date
- Check under the Day-by-Day to ensure the students still has 'absences'
- Check to ensure the student meets the requirements in the SMS rules that determine which students are flagged for Absentee SMSes
- If related to a specific student, check the Attendance history in the SIP under time-based to view underlying attendance
- Check in the SIP to ensure at least one of the Contacts is flagged for SMSes and has a mobile number listed
Absentee SMS rules
Absentee SMS rules determine which students are flagged for Absentee SMSes, based on which periods the student has been marked absent. It is not possible to view the SMS rules through the interface. Rather, they will be provided on email request to the SEQTA Service desk.
If the Absentee SMS rule does not appear to be working as expected, please contact the SEQTA Service desk for assistance. The rules may need to be updated. This typicality occurs due to change to the period 'codes' used for a new timetable structure.