Staff members will only appear in the drop-down lists in SEQTA if the following information is in the staff record:
- The staff record exists in SEQTA
- The 'Salutation' field has the persons full name (eg. Mrs Jane Dow)
- The 'Username' field is populated
- A 'Campus' is selected -- the staff member needs to be in the same campus as the staff member assigning the permissions. Staff can only see staff or student records that are assigned to the same campus.
Populating fields with missing data
If the salutation or campus is not selected and the school manages staff accounts in an external system (eg. Synergetic), any changes will need to be made in that system (not directly in SEQTA) and synchronised into SEQTA. The exception is the 'username', which for most school's, needs to be entered directly into the staff record.
Accessing staff records through the Data management page and entering a username to activate account
The steps for checking and editing the staff record are as follows:
- Go to the Administration workspace > Data management > Staff
- Find and select the staff members record to open the edit window
- Check a Campus is selected. Staff can only see staff and students who are in the same campus or campuses.
- Check the Username field is populated. If there is no username, type one in. If user accounts are in an external system (as is the case for most schools), leave the password field blank.
- Check the Salutation field includes the persons full name (Mrs Jane Doe or Mrs J Doe).
- Click Save to keep changes
- Refresh the page to bring through the changes. To do this, press F5 or click the refresh icon next to the address bar
- Check the staff member shows in the drop-downs