At the start of the school year, when attempting to import SEQTA's SIS Attendance XML report for the very first time the following import warning may display (see below for screenshot of error).
'The year column 20XX in the header section of the import does not match the current lesson attendance year. Absent records can only be imported for the current attendance year'
The issue is sourced only from SIS, not SEQTA. Therefore, to resolve the issue, the solution requires simple set up tasks to be applied in SIS to update the Calendar year to the current year.
The listed tasks are known to resolve the attendance import issue in SIS last year and hopefully will remain the same:
- First, the User will need to be in Single-User-Lock to make this change. (Which means everyone has to be logged off SIS.)
- In Lesson Attendance > Parameters > Create New Attendance Year.
- When saved, allow the school network time to update these changes.
- Wait approximately 30 minutes. Please ensure to create the Daily Records in order for the attendance records to be updated into SIS for the current school day.
- Then run the SIS Attendance XML Report process again.
If the issues persist you may need to contact the Department of Education's Customer Service Centre to determine if there are other factors impairing a routine XML import.
Any further questions or clarification, please contact the SEQTA Help Desk.