Pastoral care note information can be shared with students and parents in SEQTA Learn and SEQTA Engage. The following dashlets are available:
- 'Pastoral Care' Dashlet: This dashlet gives a count and tally of points for the pastoral care notes for each category. In addition, it displays the current steps and levels for the Pastoral Care Notes, if these are enabled in the Pastoral care type.
- 'Pastoral Care Details' Dashlet: This dashlet displays the category, sub-category, date Category (ie. PC Type). Additionally, if the options are selected in the Pastoral care type it will also show the staff members name and details.
Step 1: Configure the Dashlet:
The Pastoral care dashlets needs to be set as 'Available' or 'Required' for them to show in SEQTA Learn or SEQTA Engage. To access these settings:
- Go to the Administration Workspace > Dashboard Management.
- Set the applicable dashlet as 'Available' (can be selected from drop-down) or 'Required' (displays by default).
Step 2: Set which Pastoral Care Types are to be Shown on the Dashlets
The Pastoral care types the school would like to show, need to be set as visible in SEQTA Learn and SEQTA Engage.
- Go to Administration Workspace > Data Management > Pastoral Care Types.
- Find the pastoral care type, then click the record to open the edit pane.
- Enable or disable the applicable options under the section Visibility in SEQTA Learn and SEQTA Engage
- Summary in SEQTA Learn and SEQTA Engage: The Summary of the Pastoral care type can be seen in SEQTA Engage and SEQTA Learn.
- Details in SEQTA Engage: The Category (label) and Details of the Pastoral care type can be seen in SEQTA Engage.
- Details in SEQTA Learn: The Category (label) and Details of the Pastoral care type can be seen in SEQTA Learn.
- Teacher name in SEQTA Engage: Display the name of the staff member that 'created' or 'created on behalf' in SEQTA Engage.
- Teacher name in SEQTA Learn: Display the name of the staff member that 'created' or 'created on behalf' in SEQTA Learn.
- Click Save.
Step 3: Ensure the Pastoral Care Note Date is in the Past or set as the Current Date ('Pastoral Care' Dashlet Only)
The 'from' date set in the Pastoral care note needs to be in the past or the current date (this only applies to the Pastoral care dashlet). The Pastoral care details dashlet shows all notes regardless of date. To check the date for a pastoral care note:
- Go to Pastoral Care Workspace > Qualitative Analysis.
- Select the students, set the date range and types then click the white arrow. The notes should then display. The date will display in the DATES column.
What Date-Range does the Pastoral Care Details Dashlet Display? Can this be Configured?
In SEQTA Engage, there is a drop-down menu that allows parents to choose a date range. The options are listed below. This is static and cannot be configured to exclude or include additional options.
- One month
- Last three months
- Last year
- All time
The date assigned to the Pastoral care note, at the time of creation, will determine when it will show in SEQTA Learn or SEQTA Engage. The date can be viewed in SEQTA Teach in the 'Pastoral Care Workspace' under 'Qualitative Analysis' by finding the pastoral care note in question.
Can Teachers see the Date and Times the Pastoral Care Note is For, Prior to Saving?
Yes. Depending on the Pastoral Care type selected and how they have been set up, either the DATE or the DATES AND TIME field will show at the top of the Pastoral care pane. To enable the TIME FIELDS and the UNTIL FIELDS, tick the appropriate box in the Pastoral care type on the Data Management page.
If there is a rule assigned to the 'from' or 'until' fields this will display in the SIP pane when the staff member is creating a note.