In most cases, classes that continue on from one timetable period to the next will need to be bridged. Bridging two classes will carry forward the programme (and it's marks book) so it can be accessed from the current class.
The bridging process is usually only required in the middle of the year to join the Semester 1 Classes and the Semester 2 Classes.
- Go to the Teaching Workspace > Timetable > My Classes/Traditional/Calendar
- If bridging another teacher's class select their name.
- Click on the Bridge icon for the class.
- Select the corresponding class in the bridging pop-up and click OK.
- Edit the Name to remove the reference to the semester. This is the name (label) which displays in the marks book and Programme page.
- Click Save. The 'Marks Book' and 'Load Programme' icons should now appear on both of the bridged classes.
Image below: A year-long class bridged across the semester one and semester two timetable period.
Unbridging an incorrectly bridging class
IMPORTANT NOTE: When correct a class bridge, do not click on the bridge, select the correct class and click SAVE. First unbridge the class, then bridge it correctly as per the steps below.
If a class has been bridged to the incorrect class please complete the following steps.
- Click on the bridge for the class. Set the right-hand class in the bridge to 'Unspecified (null)' then click OK > SAVE
- Click on the bridge icon and select the correct class to bridge to. Ensure the 'Name' of the class has the class code in it (eg. 7EN#3) then click OK > SAVE
Bridging Untimetabled and Calendar Classes
Calendar Classes can only be Bridged to other Calendar Class. Untimetabled Classes can only be bridged to other Untimetabled Classes.
Ensuring There is no Programme Attached to the Current Class Before Bridging
Check to see if there is already a Programme/Marksbook attached to the most recent class before bridging. If there is, check to ensure someone has not already bridged the class. If it's not bridged check for results in the Marks book and if there aren't un-share the Programme before proceeding.
If there are results contact the SEQTA Service Desk or the SEC/STC before proceeding.