The Dashboard is available in SEQTA Teach, SEQTA Learn, SEQTA Engage and SEQTA Tutor. The dashboard consists of multiple 'Dashlets' which can be enabled and configured through the 'Dashboard Management Page'.
Some Dashlets are not applicable to all SEQTA products, or have no configuration options. Where this is the case a padlock icon will be display on the Dashboard management page.
Accessing the dashboard
In SEQTA Teach, the Dashboard can be accessed through the 'Home Workspace' by selecting the 'Dashboard' page. In SEQTA Learn, SEQTA Engage and SEQTA Tutor, select the 'Dashboard' option from the left-hand menu.
Enabling, Disabling and Configuring Dashlets
The permission 'DASH:EDIT' is required to access the Dashboard management page.
- Go to the Administration Workspace > Dashboard Management.
- Set the visibility of the dashlet by choosing one of the following options (where applicable).
- Required: Display the dashlet by default.
- Available: Make the dashlet a selectable item from the drop-down list.
- Unavailable: Do not show dashlet at all.
- Click the Edit icon and configure the dashlet as required.
- Changes will save automatically.
Display Message for Dashlets
Some dashlets can be configured to display a message. An example of where this may be helpful is for the 'Unresolved Absences' dashlet. Schools may want a message for parents (i.e. please bring a note authorising any absences to student reception).
List of Available Dashlets
- Homework: Displays seven days' homework with the first day being the first instance of the class in a given week.
- Message of the day: Displays a different message each day. These messages can be changed by the School's SEQTA Admin through the Data Management page.
- Notes: A text pad that can be used to enter notes.
- Pastoral Care: Displays a count for each of the 'Categories' for pastoral notes that have been given to the student.
- Pastoral Care Details: Displays the details of the pastoral care notes that have been given to the student.
- Preferences: Option to enable sound in SEQTA. If schools only use SEQTA to manage user accounts, the option to change, email, phone number, password and background image/colour is also available.
- Sentence Generator: Displays words in random order to make a complete sentence.
- Task List: The task list allows the user to add items. Students have the extra option to add assessments to this list.
- Timetable: Displays the students timetable.
- Unresolved Absences: The configuration for the Unresolved absences dashlet has an additional variable that allows the school to specify how many days before displaying absences.