The following sections are available in this article:
- What options can students log in with?
- Setting SEQTA Kiosk as both 'Class-Based' and 'Campus-Wide'
- Requesting the SEQTA Kiosk Product
- Downloading the SEQTA Kiosk Manual
- Supported iPads
- Troubleshooting SEQTA Kiosk Errors
- SEQTA Kiosk Setting Pane Missing Options
- Accessing and changing the SEQTA Kiosk Password
- Using the iPad Front Facing Camera with SEQTA Kiosk
- Why is SEQTA Kiosk Slow to Search After Upgrading to SEQTA Kiosk Version 6?
- Why is SEQTA Kiosk Slow to Print Receipts?
- Can SEQTA Kiosk include images or include branding?
- Why does the KIOSK Tag student IN to a location for the rest of the day rather then at the end of the period?
- Further Assistance with SEQTA Kiosk and Kiosk Attendance
What Options can Students Login With?
Students can login using the fields listed below. Each of these are contained in the student record. It is not possible to omit any of these options.
- 'Surname' (where there is more than one word in the surname, both must be entered into the search box)
- 'Gov ID'
- 'TT Code'
Setting SEQTA Kiosk as both 'Class-Based' and 'Campus-Wide'
SEQTA attendance can be managed in 'Class-Based' and 'Campus-Wide' mode. Each mode will require attendance types to be configured. An iPad can be set as 'Class-Based' or 'Campus-Wide', not both.
Requesting the SEQTA Kiosk Product
A Request Form will need to be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before SEQTA Kiosk can be implemented. The request form is available from the SEQTA Kiosk Website: http://app.seqta.com.au/
Downloading the SEQTA Kiosk Manual
The SEQTA Kiosk Manual can be accessed via the SEQTA Kiosk website http://app.seqta.com.au/
Any iPad is suitable, providing it has a rear auto-focusing camera (i.e. iPad 2 and iPad Air).
Troubleshooting SEQTA Kiosk Errors
When experiencing issues with SEQTA Kiosk, the best course of action is to restart the iPad. If that doesn't work check the settings for SEQTA Kiosk, reset the password and ensure the iPad has Internet Connectivity. The school may opt to notify the SEQTA Service Desk at any point for further advice.
Restart the iPad
- Ensure the 'Address' in the 'Kiosk Settings' on the iPad is correct.
- Find the password in SEQTA Teach on the 'Application Settings' page, then re-enter this into the 'Kiosk Settings' on the iPad.
- Check with the school's IT to see if there are any Network Connectivity issues, or if changes have been made to the network configuration recently.
- Ensure the latest version of SEQTA Kiosk is being used. To do this click on 'Settings' then 'Kiosk'. If there is no version number showing, this indicates the Kiosk is out-of-date.
- Ensure the iOS on the iPad is up-to-date.
- Ensure the time on the iPad is correct.
- Uninstall then reinstall the Kiosk App. Note: Please contact the SEQTA Service Desk to request the download URL.
SEQTA Kiosk Setting Pane Missing Options
After an update or reinstall, the SEQTA Kiosk Settings pane may be missing options (typically the camera option will be the only setting that displays). Should this occur, restart the iPad, this should result in the correct setting options being displayed.
If 'Error 401 No Response Received' appears, please check the commissioned password. This indicates an issue with the password. Ensure it matches the password in SEQTA Teach. If it does, then try changing the password in SEQTA Teach then adding the new password into the SEQTA Kiosk settings.
Accessing and Changing the SEQTA Kiosk Password
The Kiosk password needs to match the password specified in SEQTA Teach on the 'Application Settings' page. This password can be viewed and edited by the school's SEQTA Administrator.
- Click on Administration Workspace > Application Settings.
- Search for the word 'Password'.
- The password will then be displayed under 'Kiosk'. If required, this can be edited. To keep the change click 'SAVE'.
Using the iPad Front Facing Camera with SEQTA Kiosk
The iPad front facing camera is an available option, however this is not as effective as the rear facing camera.
Why is SEQTA Kiosk Slow to Search after Upgrading to SEQTA Kiosk Version 6?
Cause: SEQTA Kiosk previously used low quality images. By popular request, this was changed to use high quality images. Due to this, when searching for a name, the system needs to load all the images for the students with that name.
If the images have a large file size, for example more than 1Mb, or if there are a lot of students with the name entered in the search, then there may be a delay (i.e. Over a Few Seconds). The receipts may also be slow to print.
Resolution: To mitigate this issue, it is recommended the photos uploaded or synced into SEQTA be less than 500k. If they display full-page or large-size on Academic reports this may be up to 1Mb.
Why is SEQTA Kiosk slow to print receipts?
Cause: The student photo file size is very large (i.e. 1Mb or more).
Resolution: It's recommended the photos uploaded or synced into SEQTA be less than 500k. If they display full-page or large-size on Academic reports this may be up to 1Mb.
Cause: The printer is shared with more than one iPad with SEQTA Kiosk.
Resolution: Use only one printer per iPad. Printer sharing is not supported when using SEQTA Kiosk. However, it may work on the old version of SEQTA Kiosk.
Can SEQTA Kiosk include images or include branding?
The only branding SEQTA Kiosk has is the option enter a URL for a site to be shown on the standby page. Some schools use the URL for their School's website, others use an image of a school photo, banner and/or logo. The image would need to be hosted on an externally facing server as they cannot be uploaded directly into SEQTA.
The steps for setting the URL are as follows:
- Open SEQTA Kiosk.
- Click on the Cog icon in the top right-hand corner.
- If prompted enter the SEQTA Kiosk Admin PIN (this is a 4 digit number, not the password listed in SEQTA Teach).
- Enter the URL into the Standby URL.
Why does the KIOSK Tag student IN to a location for the rest of the day rather than at the end of the period?
This process may not be suited for some situations. Before making changes to school process it's recommended to discus with the school's Client Engagement Specialist to ensure they meet the school's policies.
The iPad we want to use to sign students in to Class, such as study periods in the library. The “in-class” tag option signed them in for the rest of the day, instead of just the one period. How do we make it sign them in for only the timetable period they are currently in?
If a student signs in to a location via an iPad, that is the location that they are confirmed to be in, until such time that they sign out.
If you use the following scenario it will clarify your duty of care requirements:
If a student were to sign in, to Sickbay (or library) and fell asleep, (Or had headphones on) and you have an EMERGENCY EVACUATION, the last known location is where they tagged in. If the school evacuates, that student may be left in those locations. Now, if the evacuation occurred during a BREAK, where is the student that was in SICK bay? They should still be there as you wouldn't want them to automatically be removed at the end of the period.
Student must TAG OUT to confirm that they have left their last location to cover the schools Duty of Care.
In class based mode, why does the tag in type show when a student is already tagged in.
Kiosk has been designed to display tag-ins and tag-outs all on the one screen for class-based Kiosks. This is to allow extra flexibility in situations such as those below:
- To avoid an unnecessary step, multiple tag-ins needed to be allowed when a student is going from one class to another in instances where both classes use Kiosks to tag-in and the time duration between classes is minuscule
- To allow multiple tag-ins for classes which change mid-way from a theory to a practical class,
- For student who go in from one door and go out the other, and they're switching from one class to another, again multiple tag-ins needed to be allowed.
Due to the above it's best to have only one tag-out attendance type enabled called "Tag out", this assists students with knowing which action they're performing (ie. 'Tag in', verses, 'Tag out')
Further Assistance with SEQTA Kiosk and Kiosk Attendance
Please contact the SEQTA Service Desk for assistance with the set up and use of SEQTA Kiosk and SEQTA Kiosk Attendance Types. The SEQTA CES (Client Engagement Specialist), who can be contacted through the SEQTA Service Desk, is also available to ensure SEQTA Kiosk is set up correctly to meet the School's Policy and Process requirements.