Pathways provide teachers more independence for planning lessons and sharing resources in shared Programmes. Pathways are for lesson management only and do not affect Assessments or Marks book options.
The setup of Pathways is not required as part of the standard programme setup and should only be used when teachers require the extra functions they offer. The Pathway setup options can be accessed through the Programme 'Cover Page'.
What functionality does Pathways offer?
Pathways functionality differs depending on which copy option is used when making a new Pathway during the setup process.
- The ability for teachers to have their own set of lessons which can be edited without affecting other teachers.
- The option to clone existing lessons, which can be edited without affecting the original lesson.
- To be able to share some or all lessons with other teachers, whilst having the option to change the lesson order.
- To be able to add, remove, edit or clone lessons without affecting other teachers sharing the programme.
Pathway setup options:
- Use Existing Lessons: This creates a Pathway sharing the same pool of lessons as the Pathway being copied. Changes to shared lessons will affect both Pathways. Lesson order can be changed without affecting the other Pathway.
- Copy All Lessons: This creates a Pathway with a copy (clone) of the lessons on the Pathway being copied. Changes can be made to cloned lessons without affecting the Original Lessons.
- Create New Lessons: This creates a Pathway with a blank set of lessons. Changes to lessons will not affect the other Pathway.