It is recommended that school's work with their SEQTA CES (Client Engagement Specialist) when creating new Course Types or making changes to existing Course Types. It is essential that Course Types be set up correctly, to ensure the required information is displayed on Academic reports.
- Go to Administration Workspace > Curriculum Setup > Course Types.
- Select New Course Type to create a new Course Type. Alternately, select an existing Course Type to Edit.
- Set the Course type settings as required (see below for explanation of fields).
Image below: Ensure the Grade labels are 8 characters or less.
- Click Save.
Entering Labels for Values
It is important that the Label be entered into the correct number, as reports are customised to draw data from specific fields. Additionally, it can be helpful to add an explanation for the field name which will display as 'Hover-Over' text.
The following table outlines some of the most common mappings:
|Label 1||Exam %|
|Label 5||Written (or Exam)|
Specifying Allowed Values
Allowed Values display in the drop-down list which allows staff to select a value from the list in the reporting section in the Marks book.
Course Type set up example:
- Mixed-Mode (With Weighting)
- Is Numeric: True
- Mapping Scores: [100,93,86,79,71,64,57,50,43,36,29,21,14,7,0]
- Cut-Off Values
- Mapping - Grades: ["A+","A","A-","B+","B","B-","C+","C","C-","D+","D","D-","E+","E","E-"]
- Grades - These are linked to the cut-off values (i.e. 100 = "A+", 93-99 = "A", 86-92 = "A-")
- Calculator: Mixed
- Allows the calculation of results based on either scores or grades that have been entered.
- Grade: True displays the 'Overall Grade' for the assessment.
- Field 01: Indicative Level of Achievement.
- Displays at the top of the column.
- Explanation 01: 1=Low, 10=Very High.
- Definition of allowed values. This is displayed in the 'Hover-Over' text for "Field 01".
- Allowed 01: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.
- Scores that are allowed in the field. Any other scored entered (i.e. 12) will display in red.
- VET (C,N).
- Is numeric: False.
- Mapping scores: [100,0.1,0] or [100,0]
- Mapping grades: ["C","W","N"] or ["C","N"]
- Calculator: VET
Note: If the school chooses to go with "C", "W", "N" come reporting time teaching staff will need to update the 'W' to either a 'C' or 'N' so the VET report meets requirements.