This article contains detailed information on how to troubleshoot and prevent issues with SEQTA Engage accounts.
The following sections are outlined below:
- Revoking User Access
- Checking the Student Contact Link
- Checking the SEQTA Engage Flag
- Checking for Multiple Accounts Using the Same Username
- Managing Contact Code Changes
- Troubleshooting Issues that are not Account Related
- Accessing the Username in SEQTA Engage
Revoking User Access
This process should be completed after the end of year rollover is complete, when account issues are reported and at regular intervals through the year (i.e. every month). Please note that this process requires administrator access.
Accounts Show Under Ready to Revoke Access for the Following Reasons:
- The contact does not have students at the school.
- A new account (due to a code change or family split).
- As a result of someone entering the username into the incorrect Contact record in Manage data (not recommended).
Checking the Student Contact Link
The Contact record needs to be linked to the student record for information about the student to display in SEQTA Engage. To confirm the contact record is linked to the student record, select the student name in the SIP, if the Contact displays in the information pane the records are linked.
When checking the student contact link, also check to see if there are multiple accounts for the same contact through the User management page under 'Ready to Revoke Access'. If there are any accounts there for the user in this section, then select the record and click 'Action' > 'Revoke Access'.
Checking the SEQTA Engage Flag
To check the contact record is flagged for SEQTA Engage access select the student name in the SIP. If the flag is not appearing or is against the incorrect Contact, please contact the SEQTA Service Desk with the contact code and the student name.
It is possible to change the SEQTA Engage flag through the Data Management page, however, this will be overwritten when the next sync runs. Therefore the issue needs to be resolved in the Admin system or via the Contact flag rules specified in the Sync code.
Checking for Multiple Accounts Using the Same Username
The system will not allow parents to choose a username that is already in use. However, the school can overwrite this by entering the username directly in the Data Management page. For this reason it is not recommended usernames be manually entered by the School's SEQTA Administrator, rather a Welcome email should be sent to the parent.
- Go to the Administration Workspace > User Management > Account Manager.
- From the user drop down menu select All users, Contacts, Students or Staff.
- Type in the username.
- Check under Ready to Revoke Access and Active to see if more then one account is using the same username.
- If there is an account under Ready to revoke access, then choose Action > Revoke Access.
- If there are two accounts under Active then revoke access to both accounts, then change to Ready to Provision, select the records, then choose Send Welcome Email.
Issues and resolutions
|Account information has not been entered.||Provision account.|
|Incorrect password being typed.||Have the parent click the 'Forgot your password' link on the SEQTA Engage login page.|
|The same username has been used for more than one contact.||Revoke access to the old account. Provision the new account.|
|No contact has been flagged for SEQTA Engage.||View the student in the SIP. If there is no SEQTA Engage flag present against the parent, it is likely that the SEQTA Sync rules are not being met where data in the School's Admin System is concerned. Contact the School's System Administrator.|
|Code 500: Internal server error is displayed once logged in.||Revoke access to the old account. Provision the new account.|
Managing Contact Code Changes
If the contact code needs to be changed, then be sure to do so in both the School's Admin System (i.e. MAZE, Synergetic) and SEQTA, on the same day. This will ensure the parents access will not be affected.
Managing Split Families
When a family splits, there will be an additional contact record created for the secondary family. After the changes are made in the School's Admin system and the sync has had a change to run, complete the steps below:
- Bring up the student name in the SIP and check the new contact record is flagged for SEQTA Engage.
- Check on the User management page under 'Ready to Revoke Access' and revoke access to any accounts.
- Check under 'Ready to Provision' and send a Welcome email to any accounts.
Troubleshooting Issues that are not Account Related
If the account appears to be set up correctly, have the parent try accessing SEQTA Engage using a different device or web-browser.
Ensure the correct URL for SEQTA Engage has been entered into the browser.
If the SEQTA Engage app is having issues and the online version works correctly, have the parent uninstall then reinstall the app. Assist with the setup process to ensure the correct setup process is followed.
Accessing the Username in SEQTA Engage
Parents can retrieve their username by:
- Clicking on the 'Reset Password' link on the login page, the username will be in the email this generate (they need to complete the process and change their password).
- Once logged into SEQTA Engage click on 'Settings' in the left menu and the username will display.