Sharing allows teachers to work collaboratively and view statistical information such as the cohort average. Classes teaching the same subject and year level in most cases need to be sharing a programme due to reporting requirements.
Pathways can be setup in shared programmes to allow teachers to manage their course content independent of other teachers sharing the programme.
Sharing process is required when:
- Setting up programmes for new classes. The process involves copying the previous years programme to one of the classes, then going into that programme and sharing it with the other classes in the cohort.
- Reattaching programmes that have been accidentally unshared from it's class. This restores the Marks book and makes results visible again.
The steps for sharing a programme to a class or classes are as follows:
- Go to the Teaching workspace > Timetable > My classes
- If working on behalf of another teacher, select their name in the top-right corner.
- Click the Load programme icon for the class. If the class is not a current class, change the date to a point when the class was held.
- On the Cover page, click the Collaboration button.
- Under Collaborate further select the timetable period for the class then type in the class code.
- Select the class or classes you would like to share the programme with. If there is an asterisk (*) next to the class this indicate a programme is already attached.
- Click Share > Yes > OK