Once a student leaves the school the 'Status' in the student record will be set to 'LEFT'. This will prevent the student from appearing anywhere in SEQTA other than the 'Data Management' page and in the 'Marks Book' for the classes they attended.
Should information related to the student be required after the student has left, complete the steps below. Once this has been done, ALL INFORMATION, including 'Attendance', 'Pastoral Care' and 'Archived Reports' will be available.
Student records remain in SEQTA for all time as we do not delete student information from the database.
Setting the Student as Visible in SEQTA to Access Student Records
- Go to the Administration Workspace > Data Management > Students (the Admin permission 'DATA: EDIT' is required to access this page).
- Use the search box to find the student, then select the record to open up the 'Edit' window.
- Change 'Status' to 'FULL'.
- Ensure the student has a 'Campus' assigned. The staff member accessing the information also needs to be assigned this campus in their staff record.
- Click 'SAVE'.
- 'Refresh' the page to ensure the changes display.
Once the required information has been obtained, change the student status back to 'LEFT' (without the quotes). If this is not done, the student status will automatically be changed back to 'LEFT' when the Sync next runs.
Steps for Accessing the Marks Book Data for Students that have Left.
Teachers have access to assessment and reporting data for left students through their 'Marks Books'. To access this, change the date back on the timetable so the class they attended can be see. Click on the 'Marks Book' icon for that class. Ensure the date is set to a period of time the student was attending the class.